Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snowy hike up Peña Cabarga

Okay, so I'm a bit behind on the postings, but I didn't want my Olympic posts to be bumped if I updated, and really I was pretty occupied being in front of the television and jumping around and doing the wave! ;D

So here is a hike that we did on Feb. 14th up Peña Cabarga, even though it was a cold, dreary, grey and non-perfect hiking day. Ruben's brother David was in town and they wanted to spend some time outdoors, so of course I was gung-ho. Hey, you gotta love mountains! It was an atypical hike, but really enjoyable despite the temperatures and slippery slopes in my running shoes... ;) It took us about 1.5 hours running up the mountain (rather than taking the paved road, which is easier, but longer and less fun and rugged, hehe) to reach the peak, and from there we saw.....not too much through the fog. ;D Lol. Oh well, see below for image recaps.

Now which way do we go?

In the snowy Spanish forests!

The peak of Peña Cabarga in the foggy distance

Fighting to survive
View of the Cantabrian valley below

On a completely unrelated note of course, here are some funny photos I took of a few ducks who were out and about when I went to catch the train one morning. They usually live under the bridge, but I guess they needed to go into town for a few groceries that day. I disturbed them on their journey and they were too afraid to continue as I trudged my way in their direction.....so in the end, they waddled quickly back the way they came, flapping their wings in a huff as I chased them back to the far end of the bridge. Perhaps they restarted their journey later when they were sure the coast was clear....

An early morning stroll on the boardwalk

What's over here?!?! And here?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment