Monday, September 21, 2009

Last day of Vancouver sunshine


Okay, finally my luggage is done! This suitcase business is still new to me--I'm so used to small space in a backpack and not too heavy to break my back. Now my bags seem so empty and things are sloshing around because I packed rolling-style like all good backpackers. :) Definitely didn't reach the limit of 2x23kg checked luggage--I think they would be lead weights that I couldn't move at all!

Still need to run a few small errands today and then that's it! Still feeling mixed emotions, but that happens before every trip--it's hard to leave people behind, especially for a foreign and unfamiliar place with unknown faces.

Of course, as I said previously, I hope to have lots of visitors over the next few months! Already have some interest, which is fabulous!! I'm serious about the invite, so if you want to come check out Spain (for the first time or not), then now is the chance. I'm up for some sightseeing and introducing everyone to the seafood, scenery and Spanish culture!

Tomorrow, I'll head to YVR and then jaunt through a few airports:
Vancouver--Chicago (4hrs)
Wait 2 hrs
Chicago--Copenhagen (8hrs)
Wait 2 hours
Copenhagen--Madrid (3+hours)

Total time I'm expecting to be awake (sleeping on planes is impossible for me): 6+20 (flights and waiting) +4 (holding out the rest of the night)=30. Not bad...have had longer "days". :)

Jetlag is supposed to get worse with age, but I hope this not-sleeping technique makes it easy enough. :) The plan is to get up to Santander by the end of the week to figure out where the school is, and start doing some flat-hunting this weekend! Orientation starts Monday and teaching on Thursday, so no time to waste!

1 comment: