Sunday, May 29, 2011

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!


Just because I'm overseas doesn't mean I don't care about hockey anymore! Yes I'm surrounded by football but it's not the same....I don't feel an extreme loyalty towards any team, though I do enjoy the atmosphere---I think they are even crazier fans than hockey fans.

Despite all this, the Canucks are still important and I do try and keep up to date with the news. Western Conference champions?!?!? WOW! Congratulations!! I can just imagine the atmosphere in the city as they gear up for their first Cup final in a while! Just my luck to miss first the Olympics and now a Stanley Cup final.....but hey, I'm still there in spirit!

I wish I could watch the games but don't know if that's possible...if anyone has an idea, please leave a comment! Without that, I can only be content trying to keep up with results and telling every Spaniard I know that "my team is in the finals"!! They're impressed and associate it with a Real Madrid or Barca style accomplishment...close enough, I say. :)

Anyone who is there to experience the environment and thrill of the city, please comment so us Canadians living abroad can hear all about it!

1 comment: