Sunday, January 2, 2011

A historic day!!

Congratulations to Spain! On January 2nd, 2011 the new anti-smoking law came into place!

It was such a breath of fresh air (pun intended) to go out and not arrive home smelling of smoke from the top of my head to my shoes. I watched with delight yesterday as the smokers had to throw on their coats to go outside, and smiled from ear-t0-ear. Sigh.

It was my Christmas wish and I hope it continues to be enforced and respected by all parties. Locals are a bit weary and skeptical of it being obeyed in the small town bars, but we shall see. A crackdown would really show the people that it's not a joke and they can't ignore it if they please.

Non-smokers unite and fight for our rights to breathe in public places!!

There are some details that allow smoking in certain places but as far as I know, not in public areas like restaurants, bars, pubs, areas for children, near hospitals, bus stops and train platforms etc etc.

I'm optimistic and delighted with this change for the better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment