Saturday, November 14, 2009

Windy days are a surfer's paradise.....

Well, maybe they aren't....I'm no expert, but all I know is that they are crazy and leave their fate in the hands of Mother Nature just for the love of the sport. Impressive, admirable but also I shake my head in wonder... :)

Check out the huge waves that I saw this morning, just along the coast a little way west of Santander's main beach El Sardinero:
A short video of the crashing waves....ignore us talking in the background and you can hear the howling winds beating against us as well! :)

Pretty rainbows are seen after the waves crash against the rock and cascade down, leaving some mist shining in the sunlight. :)

Spectators jostling for a good photo-op of the pro surfers that are attempting those wicked waves...... (of course my camera isn't good enough to capture the surfers out there)
The spectators and sponsors of this championship--La Vaca Gigante (The Giant Cow...)=Red Bull and Quiksilver. Prizes for catching the biggest wave, but I think they should award points for survival..there was a motorboat out there who picked up one guy who never got back into the water afterwards....

And on a completely unrelated note, a few photos of our flat. More on the way, but once I do a bit of cleanup so it doesn't look so cluttered... ;D And with better daylight to show you how it really looks!

Our kitchen, complete with washing machine (right by the window, with the little door to hide it and make it look like nothing) and drying line outside the window (the best thing ever, with a canopy too!)

Our living room, with sofa and lounge, and tv and such. There's also a dining room table off to the side but you can't really see it. I figured you really didn't need a super-detailed view of the flat and one photo will suffice over 10. :)

Not much for this weekend, but just work as usual, hanging out and relaxing and recovering from the past week. Meeting with a few friends to hang out for a bit of a chat and some drinks. :)

New extracurricular activities for me include flamenco lessons (every Tuesday, ole!) and some intercambio so I can practise my Spanish a bit more than the short spurts of everyday functional language at the fruit stand or bakery with the ladies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment